Monday, October 12, 2009

Yeah, we got trouble. Right here in River City...

With a capital T that rhymes with P that stands for H1N1.

I think I have the Swine Flu. I received a flu shot about a week ago, and yesterday I got the flu.

Flu shoot me in the face.

Complying with Bethel’s H1N1 rules, I am “self-isolating,” which means I’m staying in my room, having my meals brought to me, skipping all my classes, and wearing a mask every time I have to go outside. Yuck.

What makes things worse is that it’s snowing today. In October. The trees haven’t even lost their leaves yet and it’s snowing. This is the kind of thing I would run out and dance in if I were healthy enough to stand for more than two minutes. All I can do is stare and yearn out my window.

So Shreds (that’s my nickname) will be living in a bubble until 24 hours after his fever goes away. Not too happy.

Oink oink. 

4 comments:

  1. Awww...you look so sad in your self portrait!

    If your snout is actualy pressing up against the window, make sure you wipe it down with disinfectant!
    :-)

    Oooh...and when you aren't chilled to the bone with fever, open up your window for a couple of minutes to air out your room every once in awhile....and spray everything with that disinfectant spray I sent with you....and DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS and take Ibuprofen for fever and aches....and gets LOTS of sleep...

    Sigh, take care of yourself, bub.

    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheheheheh, nice comment, Tess.

    T that rhymes with P trouble? I didn't know such a trouble existed!

    And I would enjoy seeing you in a mask, heh heh heeeeh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT?!?!?! Christie, are you just playing with us, or don't you really know about the T-that-rhymes-with-P trouble???

    THAT STANDS FOR POOL!!!!! (trouble...trouble...trouble...trouble...)

    Tess

    ReplyDelete