Friday, October 23, 2009

Death to the Whippy Dip

I underwent a major change today, sort of on a whim.  I’ve done it before, yet I seem to forget the emptiness I feel right after it happens. There’s just something missing. I’ll get over it soon, I’m sure.  I think.  I hope.

Anyway, here’s the change:  I no longer have what has been called The Jimmy Neutron...

The Astro Boy...

The Johnny Bravo...

The Kenickie...

...or as I so lovingly call it, The Whippy Dip.

Buzzed it right off.

My head is freezing.  This may constitute the purchase of a swanky new hat to keep my noggin from straight up snapping off like a frozen carrot.

A friend already asked me how my chemo’s going.

It’s much easier to draw myself with the Whippy Dip, so you’re just going to have to imagine that my hair is slowly growing back into all it’s Johnny Bravo glory. 

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAH
    love it
    oh and it's soft to touch so it is fine by ME.
    I think the closest to you would have been a mix between Astro boy (p.s. who IS that?) and Jimmy N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...sad. I've always liked your whippy dip...especially on your self portraits. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're still looking for a swanky hat, you should try the gift shop at the Mary of the Angels chapel. They're hand knit, only a few bucks, and on the basket it says perfect for chemo patients. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect. :)

    but seriously, my head is freezing. i've been wearing shirts with hoods on purpose and even wearing them inside.

    ReplyDelete